Editing a RAW image

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,593
Re: Comparing C1, DxO PureRAW + C1 and Topaz Photo AI + C1

Digital Nigel wrote:

I wonder who are the audience for your processed images? Are they very demanding (like some of us, including me), or do they just look at images on smallish screens, with no pixel-peeping? Do they have sharp eyes? Do you routinely crop heavily?

If your audience isn't very demanding, you can probably stop worrying about top quality NR and sharpness, and save the money required for class leading software. It seems that you can't see the difference that advanced software can make, and if that's true of others who view your images, why bother with such software? It really doesn't matter if people like me are critical of what we see as noisy, soft images, if you can't see the faults.

Good question DN and good advice. My audience are usually on places like Facebook with an occasional competition entry (Country File for example) With your comments in mind maybe just stay where I am or just get the 3-in-one Topaz Photo Al!

Thanks

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow