Basic tutorial for family portrait session

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick78 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Basic tutorial for family portrait session

Hello!

For context, I've been doing photography for a couple of years now, mostly my family photography (reporting/lifestyle kind, not posed), street photography and a little landscape and cityscape.  I've had some quite satisfying results and I would like go further and try posed family photography.

I have a solid grasp on the technical side of photography (exposition triangle, shutter, aperture, depth of field, focus etc), I think I have the necessary gear, but I lack the human and organisational side of it.

I have a family of friends ready to do a session (parents and a 3 year old girl), but they are not used to posing. What kind of session (inside or outside) would be easiest and fool-proof for me to do? What kind of shots am I least probable to fail? I'll be working with them for around an hour (because of the child) and I would like to be sure to get out some usable shots out of it.

Where would you do it? Parc, downtown? Golden hour, sunny or cloudy day?

Any ideas/examples?

Thank you!

TLDR: Beginner photographer wants guidance for easy and successful plain-vanilla family of 3 session.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow