5dsr + 70-200mm f2.8L IS II and 40mm f2.8 vs Em1x + 12-40mm f2.8

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boredom_boy Forum Member • Posts: 51
5dsr + 70-200mm f2.8L IS II and 40mm f2.8 vs Em1x + 12-40mm f2.8

Ill be travelling alot in the coming month, and I got rid of alot of my gear in order to focus on what I want to do next.

I had a 5dsr before but it had over 300,000 shutter actuations in the end and was giving me lockups etc. When it worked I loved it with stablized lenses. Had the version 1 70-200mm f2.8L before and loved the portraits and landscape shots I got, didnt mind the weight (used on Eos R). 40mm f2.8 is a nice pancake.

I also can get an em1x, but my last experience with m4/3 was the original em5. I like the idea of High res handheld for stationary objects, its got a fast shutter if I decide to buy a birding lens down the road, and its weatherproof up the wazoo.... I just have no real experience with it. The ND modes also nice (used similar on fuji x100f before), for snow or extreme light. Had a 12-40mm f2.8 before, really nothing to complain about but it was a 16mp sensor.

Most of my photography is: Nature/wildlife, Portraits, landscapes.

So I guess it comes down to, which kit you thinks more worth it at the same price? Which would you take and why? Appreciate the input thanks!

Boredom_boy's gear list:Boredom_boy's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Canon EOS R Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art +7 more
Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow