Are Kodak Retina Schneider DKL-mount lenses still different from the other DKL's?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Murrayatuptown Junior Member • Posts: 48
Are Kodak Retina Schneider DKL-mount lenses still different from the other DKL's?

Years ago I remember reading that the Kodak Retina Schneider DKL-mount lenses did not fit cameras and adapters because of a differently sized or located tab.

It was supposedly possible to file the offending tab.

Later, I think I read the Kodak Retina DKL lenses fit the Yeenon DKL-NEX adapter but it cost substantially more. I'm not even sure if it is still made.

Does anyone know what the difficulty is and whether a lesser adapter can be altered to work, instead of the lens?

I have hand-held a 50/1.9 Xenon occasionally on previous cameras, with the aperture tabs taped where I want them. I also drilled a hole in the base of a bubble case so I can leave the lens on it's bubble case bayonet. It sits flat on an M42-NEX adapter. I just do macro so no idea where infinity ends up with this.

I usually buy inexpensive adapters and alter them for conventional and unconventional lenses to decide whether to keep them.

Thank you

-- hide signature --

Murray

Murrayatuptown's gear list:Murrayatuptown's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow