Thoughts on Luminar Neo towards the end of 2022?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vett93
vett93 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,456
Thoughts on Luminar Neo towards the end of 2022?

What are your thoughts on Luminar Neo? I mainly use LR Classic. Sometimes, I would use Topaz DeNoise/Sharpen AI, Luminar 4, PortraitPro, etc., as external edit tools. Should I upgrade to Luminar Neo? Could it replace the LRC?

The main reasons for thinking about upgrading Luminar are that it can speed up my photo editing and it has extra features that LRC does not have. (Learning Photoshop is just too time consuming for an amateur.)  Is it realistic to consier using Liminar Neo to replace LRC? Or is it still better suited as a plugin? Note that I don't use keywords or other attributes in LRC catalog. I organize my images in a way that is easy for me to find previous images.

My main concern on Luminar products is that they are buggy and crash from time to time. I have a powerful Windows PC and I can't remember the last time LRC crashed. As an example, I imported my 36K images to Luminar catalog and it crashed right away.

Does the new Luminar Neo allow me to use other photo editing software?

What are your main issues with Luminar Neo?

-- hide signature --

"Keep calm and take photos"
Photography enthusiast, from 12mm to 600mm

vett93's gear list:vett93's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow