Editing a RAW image

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
JeremyB2 Contributing Member • Posts: 695
Re: Comparing C1, DxO PureRAW + C1 and Topaz Photo AI + C1

Michael - another point I think it's worth mentioning is the fact that the ability to capture interesting and enjoyable photographs is ultimately more important than the post-processing. Looking at your images on Flickr you obviously have that ability and now, with using RAW and Capture One, your image quality will be even better. When funds allow, IQ can be further improved with the addition of good noise reduction, sharpening and perhaps upscaling.

And because you are now using RAW in C1 the processing is non-destructive which means that any time in the future you can work on those files again (providing you have kept the RAWS) using newly acquired software.

I say this not to be flattering, but from the perspective of someone who acknowledges they are essentially a point-and-shooter who sometimes manages to grab reasonably good images. Often I could get those images with a fairly basic point-and-shoot camera but I do enjoy all the benefits of my Sony RX100VI and RX10 IV.

Sursum et Prorsum ad Excellentiam, and blame Google if I’ve got it wrong!

JeremyB2's gear list:JeremyB2's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow