How good should 16-50 PLM really be ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3KK3
3KK3 Regular Member • Posts: 101
How good should 16-50 PLM really be ?

I'm using my second 16-50 PLM since late May and the more I use it the more angry I get. First, I haven't dropped or abused it in any way but lately I have been avoiding anything between 43-50mm because  often one corner, most of the time low right corner is softer than the rest of the picture and sometimes there can be small sections in a picture that are softer than the rest of the picture and that problem is within the whole zooming area. Often this will be very obvious when I am looking at a pictures magnified 100% too check how sharp the picture is. Seems that using for instance f8 doesn't help sharpness between 43-50mm either. Wonder if anyone else using the 16-50 PLM have experienced the same issue with this lens or shouldn't it be better than this? My plan is to have it checked because for the price I have paid for this lens I certainly want it to be better than this.

My 55-300 PLM is just awesome for the price I paid for this lens.... Using this lens much more than I did with my SIGMA APO 75-300 which was bigger and heavier.....

KK...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow