A6600 EVF intermittently working

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MotoDave Regular Member • Posts: 124
A6600 EVF intermittently working

So I bought this new A6600 about a month ago and I have it set up so the live view goes to the EVF when I raise it to my eye, which is how I want it to work.
Within the first week of ownership I had an instance where it did not do this automatically, but a simple power cycle solved the problem. I figured it was a glitch and moved on. Since then it has done this a couple times with the power cycle fix.
Within the last few days the power cycle does not solve the problem. It just randomly works or doesn't with no rhyme or reason. I've tried wiping the eye/light sensor area clean to see if that was the culprit and doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm not aware of any setting that would cause this intermittent behavior.
Every search I do to see if this is a common problem gives me results for when it switches to EVF when not wanted, not the problem I'm having.
So, thought I'd check here and see if this is a known issue with any easy fixes. I'd rather avoid the having to deal with sending in a brand new camera for a fix.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow