m4/3 I just can't quit you

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
unhappymeal Senior Member • Posts: 2,319
m4/3 I just can't quit you

I've been pretty hard on the system over the years for moving away from the small, competent bodies. Well, this past weekend, I was in Calmuet and they had an open box E-P7 on offer with an extra battery for 400 €. Knowing how much Raisted loves his and how sometimes the flash sync speed and mechanical shutter are limitations on my GM5's, I decided to give it a whirl. I would have one week to evaluate it before going on holiday for a few weeks in Italy come October 8th.

First thoughts, the build quality isn't at the GM level, but it's not unpleasant. The size is pretty close to the GM5 as is the weight. I really think with an EVF, I'd be queuing up to sell off the GM5's. IBIS and ergonomics are pretty good (nice touch with the dedicated Super Control Panel button) and the JPEG engine is so far pretty fun to play with. I think if they gave it the O-M1's AI noise reduction, it could be a real SOOC JPEG powerhouse. Autofocus is contrast detect, but it's snappy.

Early first impressions on the E-P7 aside, I thought I would share a picture of why I just can't give this system up. No other system has the sheer breath of lenses while comfortably squeezing into my 6 L sling or going into my 11 L camera backpack with copious amounts of room left over and weighing so little.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow