C&C: Aviation - sharpness

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
OP LarsvZ10 New Member • Posts: 3
Re: C&C: Aviation - sharpness

BratPix wrote:

BSiler wrote:

For what it's worth, I don't think it is as sharp as that camera and lens should be able to achieve. In this particular case, it might be atmospheric heat distortion.

I agree. The shutter speed seems high enough to rule out motion blurr. If the unsatisfactory images are always taken in high-temperature conditions, atmospheric distortion might indeed be the cause.

Thanks for the replies! The higher temperature is always an issue during summer months, so indeed, that might contribute to the quality of the picture quite a lot. I was curious to other opinions as a website with a quality check/screening pointed out that the image was lacking sharpness. As the users here are fellow photography enthusiasts rather than aviation fans who happen to pick up a camera a few times a year, I hoped the received feedback here would be more in a constructive way.

I am definitely going to take a closer look at the finetuning of the lens and camera. Thanks again!

LarsvZ10's gear list:LarsvZ10's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon 18-55 F4-5.6 IS STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow