Large format motorsports photographer - What effect is this?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MCLV Senior Member • Posts: 1,144
Re: Large format motorsports photographer - What effect is this?

FrancoD wrote:

MCLV wrote:

FrancoD wrote:

From the photographer , Brandon Faith :

I’m not sure why it’s so controversial but sure! As mentioned in the thread it’s a combination of dof on the camera and tilting and swinging. If I want to increase the effect digitally (which I only ever do lightly,) in lightroom I’ll create an inverse radial filter following the natural lines of blur I get from the camera itself, and then play around with decreasing sharpness, clarity, and texture.

Thanks Brandon.

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't able to find it in the comments section, have you contacted Brandon Faith directly?

Yes.

I have done this several times before when people debate what/why/how... .(that is with other photographers)

Funny thing is that , as it often happens here, many don't really care what the photographer did or why if that does not follow what they thought it happened.

For me, his response in the comment section was sufficient. However, I agree that it's better to ask directly than only speculate.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow