Hanging a large filter sheet in front of a Par

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dtronvig Junior Member • Posts: 28
Hanging a large filter sheet in front of a Par

I'm dealing with a room that I can't obstruct with light stands but which has some theatrical pars hanging from the ceiling. They're nominally floods, but the lamps are recessed way into the cans, so they actually have a pretty narrow spread. I'd really like to temporarily turn them into wide light sources with a broad spread. In principle, similar to softboxes.

I'm trying to come up with a way (on the cheap) to hang a full 21x24 diffusion filter sheet something like 15" in front of a par. As in, hanging it off the par itself. The pars will typically accept 9" gel frames and I figure I could hang something off a gel frame or directly off the slots that accept  the gel frames.

I'm picturing flexible fiberglass strips attached to a gel frame or slid directly into the frame slot, forming bows, to whose ends you'd clip the diffusion sheet. But is there already a simple way hang a diffusion sheet off a par like that?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow