R7 High Speed Continuous

Started Oct 2, 2022 | Discussions thread
slr_SoFL
OP slr_SoFL Regular Member • Posts: 299
Re: R7 High Speed Continuous

PicPocket wrote:

slr_SoFL wrote:

Can't select high speed continuous on my R7. Dual Pixel Raw is off. Please help.

Which shooting mode are you in? Does the manual help in any way? What does can't select mean? - option shows up but you cannot select, no options, some error?

So far I've been quite disappointed with this camera.

Disappointed in what way? Can't figure out settings or something else

Very minimal details to be of much help

Apologies for the cryptic post. Was in the middle of trying to take pictures of my son's marching band in a competition, and not knowing why I couldn't do a basic function was quite frustrating. Turns out it was that auto leveling was on and I only realized this when ANOTHER function said it was disabled because auto leveling was on.

Canon should have allowed switching to high speed and said that auto leveling would be disabled or something similar.

As for the overall camera I really do not like the new ergonomics (really miss the back wheel), haven't figured out how to change dials in anything but manual.  This should have had the same body layout as the R6. Then it would have paired perfectly.

Picture quality still TBD.

Anyway.  Apologies again for the initial cryptic post from frustration.

-- hide signature --

Just a weekend hack...
R6
RF 100-500
RF 70-200 f/2.8
RF 24-70 f/2.8
RF 50 f/1.8

slr_SoFL's gear list:slr_SoFL's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow