XH2 AF-C example

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RustyRus Senior Member • Posts: 1,624
XH2 AF-C example

There has been a few threads about how this camera performs with AF-C mode so I figured I would just post here.

Very Very impressed with how this camera performed. This thing felt light years ahead of my XT4 ( I had no issues with the XT-4). Subject tracking and stickiness of where I wanted to focus was all perfect. My keeper rates where extremely high and most misses where due to framing vs focus.

I used subject AF for bikes and had face AF off even though it still seemed to track on the face. Not sure if that was bike detect that told it to lock on the face but man it worked and was extremely sticky.  Didn't read the manual on it but that is how it seemed to work

Sample shots below of tracking a fast moving subject. These are not really photos I cared about capturing it was more about getting practice with the camera while the kids raced etc. So again these are more about testing AF-C vs capturing great photos.

First set I pulled a good portion of the sequence out just for sake of the thread. All uncropped/un-edited SOOC jpg (nostalgic neg). This was about a 50 shot burst starting much before this hill and all where in focus etc.

RustyRus's gear list:RustyRus's gear list
Ricoh GR III Leica Q2 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-H2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow