Panasonic planning to release new cameras?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,373
Panasonic planning to release new cameras?

I'm a bit hesitant doing this thread.

On one hand the world basically gone to poo for the last few years but on the other hand you had other camera companies still releasing cameras like Fuji. So it does make me wonder what going on with Panasonic?

So this year Panasonic finally released the GH6 when the camera was meant to be released the previous year? They aren't the only company having problems releasing new products due to component shortages. However, the GH6 is targeted mainly for videographers and us still photographers either have to wait or try out other brands.

So the question is how long are we going to wait for the GX10 with the GH6 sensor inside or the G9 successor? I know the G9 successor should come out a year later than the GH6, so it shouldn't be basically the same camera like what happened with the G9 and the GH5. Same camera but one geared mainly for video and the other for wildlife/sport.

My other concern is Panasonic appears to be releasing the same camera with different components. We had the GH5 mark 2 with a G9 processor instead of the original GH5? A point n shoot camera with a different screen and now the same happened to G90/95. There were rumours the GX9 production was stopped so it components would go to other cameras. I don't know how true that is however, apparently Panasonic are requesting  retailers to buy their cameras in bulk  and that why some retailers not stocking Panasonic cameras.

I do hope things do pick up because I like M43 for it flexibility in the field. However, if things don't improve, I probably consider investing in Nikon Z instead.

Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Samsung GX-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow