Change from Mode-M to Mode-S without losing other settings?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Stan Huntting
Stan Huntting Regular Member • Posts: 281
Change from Mode-M to Mode-S without losing other settings?

With my A7R4 I use the Memory Modes M1, M2 & M3 to keep a whole raft of settings that are unique to three different shooting environments. I fiddle with settings regularly and save my preferred settings back into M1, M2 or M3.

M3 has always been used for bird photography settings with my 400mm telephoto and I started customizing that group from Mode-M. Now I would like to try shooting birds in Mode-S with all the other M3 settings unchanged. How do I change M3 from Mode-M to Mode-S without losing all the other M3 settings?

Modes-M, A & S all seem to save their own last-used settings for all the parameters that M1, M2 & M3 save. If I switch from M3 to Mode-S all my M3 settings are lost! I don't find a way in the menus to switch between Modes-M, A & S - only the Mode Dial.

Surely I'm missing something painfully obvious, but please point it out to me. I don't mind being embarrassed. Thanks,

-- hide signature --
 Stan Huntting's gear list:Stan Huntting's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Sony a7R IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow