Anyone else had this problem with Topaz Photo AI?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alastair Norcross
Alastair Norcross Veteran Member • Posts: 9,379
Anyone else had this problem with Topaz Photo AI?

I've just installed Photo AI on my iMac to try it out. I can send images, either JPEG or RAW, from Lightroom to edit in Photo AI, and then reimport either a JPEG or DNG into Lightroom. But I can't get the standalone version of the program to save any images (I bought the program, so it's properly registered). When I open either a JPEG or RAW (Canon CR3 format) image directly in the program (so not imported from Lightroom), it seems to do all its stuff with enhancing, sharpening, noise reduction, etc., but then when I try to save the image, it all goes wrong. If I try to save a JPEG, I get an error message almost immediately, saying "Cannot open output file". If I try to save as a DNG, it takes quite a while seemingly applying all its enhancements, but then at the last second the program just quits, and nothing is saved. I've tried multiple times, and restarted my computer, but always with the same results. I've just sent a message to Topaz describing the problem, and I'll report back what they say, but I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced anything like this? I know the version I downloaded (1.0.2) is pretty new, so maybe it's a bug. Or maybe there's some setting that I'm supposed to use that I'm unaware of.

-- hide signature --

“When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror, like the passengers in his car.” Jack Handey
Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS R Canon EOS M6 II Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) +24 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow