Need advice on what our church needs

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
PerfectMark Regular Member • Posts: 271
Re: Need advice on what our church needs

We are small church, so have a PC connected to the mixing desk and then I just plug my Canon M6ii into the PC using a USB cable and use it as a webcam. I also have a power adapter for it so don't have to worry about batteries running out. You could then live stream the service to Youtube via the PC. Although we use Microsoft Teams as it allows those people stuck at home to be more interactive (e.g. say a prayer). I then upload the video to Youtube afterwards for others to watch later.

Since your budget is small, I would probably look for a cheap 2nd hand camera that supports being used as a webcam (e.g. Canon M50). This is Canon range of cameras that support USB webcam mode:

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-webcam-utility/

The recent Canon cameras (starting at M50) or the one of the recent Sony 6000 series would be best as they offer the best autofocus, so less likely to hunt for people if they like moving around when they are speaking.

PerfectMark's gear list:PerfectMark's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow