applying stabilization to a side by side stereo movie clip

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian F Flint
Brian F Flint Regular Member • Posts: 181
applying stabilization to a side by side stereo movie clip

I did some movie recording using two cameras mounted on a rig. I hand held the rig and walked over a bridge. The recorded stereo clip which was side by side - cross view was found to be jerky. I did not have a gimbal to stabilize the set up. I tried to hold the set up steady while walking and relied on the fact it was recording in slow motion which would make the viewing reasonably good. However  I found the slow motion ( x4 ) made the movement too slow. When I played at x1 speed the image was jerky.

I wondered if it was possible to stabilize the side by side clip in a video editor using the stabilization feature. I tried it on the Davinci Resolve video editor and it worked although I had to do some further adjustments to remove some artifacts which occurred.

The following clip shows before and after stabilization was applied.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGrXdS6YAEXiwobpndTdA9Yt2vu87HIe/view?usp=sharing

Brian F Flint's gear list:Brian F Flint's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Sony RX10 III Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow