HHHR is a real blessing.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 7,509
HHHR is a real blessing.

I have been so thrilled with the om-1 HHHR feature that I have now assigned a button to directly access it.

My first trial was as an experiment, I was at a waterfall and didn't want to start fiddling with my camera bag for ND filters and at that moment couldn't get the ND feature to work.

Wow what great fun, the water was smoothed superbly, and I had incredible detail of the rocks, lichen and trees. In some there was leaf movement, but of course there would have been with an ND filter as well. Plus I didn't have to setup my tripod. It was a win/win situation all round.

I have recently been using my om-1 HHHR feature to scan old negatives. What's really interesting is the difference is not 'so much' visible in the quality from most of the negatives, but I can see the film grain so much clearer

This revealed the awful truth that the quality produced by many old 35mm cameras/lenses/film combinations, wasn't always that great!

HHHR easily enabled me to clearly see the difference in film grain between iso50 and iso200, which was a real surprise (I was scanning the negatives using the Olympus 60mm macro).

Now let's hear some positive benefits and uses of HHHR from others.

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow