Best Compact Camera For Me

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YWai New Member • Posts: 2
Best Compact Camera For Me

I've been using the RX100 M7 for 3 years and I'm still telling myself "it's so great to have this little camera around with me".  I put it in the camera case attached to my belt and carry it with me almost everyday.  The size, the picture quality and the zoom range are all great to me.  I can zoom in to take close-up pictures/videos of my daughter figure skating as far as 200 ft away from me; I can zoom in to capture the moon and see its craters; I can take pictures of birds flying well in focus; I can use it to take selfies, etc..

I bought a second RX100 M7 camera.  The first one was not working since the lens got stuck.

I hope there is a M8.  I understand the limitations due to its compact size.  But I hope that the camera stabilization and battery life can be improved and there is less or no crop when taking 4K videos.

It is a great camera!

YWai's gear list:YWai's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX100 III Panasonic ZS100 +14 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII
20 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 200 mm (8.3×)
Announced: Jul 25, 2019
YWai's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VII
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow