Is my PSU a piece of junk?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Eric Carlson
Eric Carlson Veteran Member • Posts: 7,118
Re: Yes, 80 Plus is junk

Austinian wrote:

Eric Carlson wrote:

Gesture wrote:

We can look at PSU web site and PC Part Picker.

What about using one of those plug-ins that tell how much power is actually being drawn during tasks. That is how I would approach it.

Yes. I have a couple real P3 International Kill A Watt meters, but there are many dozens of choices starting under $15. I paid less than $20 for my real ones a few years ago. They are about double that now it seems, but many of the others should also be fine.

Just search Kill A Watt on Amazon, and dozens of brands/choices will show up.

And some of those plug in WiFi outlet controls also include power monitoring, though some don't. Some might like that option better, or might already have some.

Quite a few UPSs have power output meters, along with other readouts of various values of possible interest to users.

Yes, forgot about that. My UPS does. But I have about 10 items plugged into my UPS, so to measure my PC alone, I would have to move everything else off the UPS temporarily.

-- hide signature --
 Eric Carlson's gear list:Eric Carlson's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7 Fujifilm XP80 Canon EOS 500D +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow