Need info reg. Sony rx100 VI or VII

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 39,631
Re: Need info reg. Sony rx100 VI or VII

juvdm wrote:

Hi ! I would like to buy a used Sony rx100 VI or VII not too expensive but I don't know where, if someone can help me for that... I'm in Canada near Montreal. I would like version VI or VII for the longer zoom. Also I would like to see the quality of a picture taken at the maximum Clear zoom at full resolution (about 20 mp I think). If someone could post a couple of pictures taken at max. Clear zoom and tell me the maximum mm (in 35 mm) I can get. Thank you very much.

*** Ah ok no need to post pictures tests, I found this website :

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/sony-rx100-vii-zoom-range/

Clear Image Zoom at maximum 2x works only with jpegs and takes the central 5MP of the sensor and interpolates that back up to the normal 20MP jpeg size. OK for screen view or print sizes up to about 8x12 inches.

Usually though shooting raw files, using a quality raw converter then cropping as needed to get the required zoom works a little better.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow