Five Stars- Easily.

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3Percent
3Percent Contributing Member • Posts: 871
Five Stars- Easily.

Nikon's Df is an inspirational photographic instrument.

There is nothing else like it in the DSLR space. The Df is a product of progressive development history and simultaneously a nod to it's historic camera predecessors.

It's biggest strengths are the sublime shooting experience, massive lens compatibility, and it's jaw dropping image quality throughout the entire native ISO range. Raw files are clean, noise grain is delicious and kept to a minimum. The sensor and processor are tuned better than the older D4.

It's autofocus speed, tracking ability, and maximum frame rates are very competent which should leave little to desire for still shooters. Live view is snappy and it's implementation is excellent - especially paired up with it's detailed hard glass covered rear LCD.

No video, no video menus, no video buttons or switches, nada. THANK YOU NIKON.

Paired with smaller lenses, this is a dream camera to hold and operate. It's probably the most handsome camera I own, and it's got some serious company (Leica M's, XPro, etc....).

It begs me to shoot with it, I mean shoot anything... and that characteristic alone makes it worth buying a Df. It's so hard to find that quality in a camera design. And I promise, the more you shoot with it, the more it becomes physically familiar and intuitive to shoot with. That process ends up becoming the necessary gateway to the inevitable and uncannily strong bond you'll form together.

The sound of the shutter cycle, the feel of the metal body/leatherette, and the clicking of the metal dials and controls will make your soul sing. It's analog. Its digital. And yes they co-exist in harmony. Just enough balance of each to compliment one another.

This is a camera that feels personal. Like a custom product. It is exciting, engaging, and its a conduit for the imagination. I know this because of my own personal experience, plus it is a camera that continues to gain popularity by way of each new set of hands that uses it.

Find a few lenses that balance well on it, and get out and shoot.

This is the first camera that I've ever owned where I wanted to buy a very nice messenger style camera bag to keep it and a few lenses separate from the rest of my gear. It just doesn't belong with my other gear.

3Percent's gear list:3Percent's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic FZ1000 Ricoh GR II +37 more
Nikon Df
16 megapixels • 3.2 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Nov 5, 2013
3Percent's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon D4 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow