Required focal lengths for Ireland Visit

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vetteran
Vetteran Senior Member • Posts: 1,623
Required focal lengths for Ireland Visit

Heading to Ireland next month. Renting a car and driving around the south. Arriving in Dublin, then Kinsale, Killarney, Galway, then back to Dublin. Expect to hit many of the most notable photo taking spots, e.g., Cliffs of Moher.

Seeking some experiential insight as to what focal lengths (in 35mm terms) are required, as opposed to nice to have. Notice I did not say "what lenses I needed". Once I figure out the recommended focal lengths, I'll choose the lenses.

I know I need something between 28mm and say 50mm. But are wider lenses required, like 20 or 24mm, as well as 150-250mm range?.

Now at this point, typically some one responds with "Well that depends. What kind of photos are you interested in taking?". Let's try and skip that. Presume that it's a combo of landscapes and ocean scapes, town photos, pub photos, people close ups.

Prefer to take primes vice zooms if possible, but may not have all the bases covered.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards and very respectfully,
VETTRAN
My travel blog:www.midlifetravels.com

Vetteran's gear list:Vetteran's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Leica X1 Leica X Vario Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow