Lens choice for studio work

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pabruni New Member • Posts: 4
Lens choice for studio work

I'm a little lost in my choice of lenses for my new A7r IV, I'm a new student in a photography school in France, and we'll be doing a lot of studio work. I already have an OM-1 with fast tele primes, and the 12-100 F4, but we have to shoot at least at F11 or f16, lot of portraits and products, and with M43 it's far from ideal. I wanted to go for a full frame with a lot of megapixels, I don't need speed juste pure resolution, I have my olympus for that, I thought there are complementary.

I think I will go toward the sigma 28-70 f2.8, and maybe a 50mm f1.4, but I saw that the sony 1.8 is only at 300€, is the Sigma worth the money for one stop difference, is it sharper ? And, everyone is praising the Sigma in 35mm, is it that good for portraits ? I don't really like to shoot in "wide" angles, but I could always put the sony in super 35 to have a crop, if everyone says that the lens is that good.

My second thought was, will I see a big difference in sharpness between a 20mpix sensor and the huge 61mpix ? I'm used to the razor sharpness of the 12-100 and the 300 F4, but never used sony lenses, will I see some changes ? (a part from file sizes I guess... my pc is not ready.)

Thanks

Pabruni's gear list:Pabruni's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 III OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow