Russian River over 5 Years

Started Sep 29, 2022 | Discussions thread
RBIV
OP RBIV Senior Member • Posts: 1,611
Re: Russian River over 5 Years

PentUp wrote:

(I didn't pixel peep as instructed), but Great photos. They each tell their own story.

But as a naturalist more than a photographer, I have to ask, what difference do you think that the time of year (season) makes to the state of the river? Many rivers of course have seasonal ebbs and flow.

Yes, I'm sure the river changes with the season and with the amount of rainfall.  Plus, it is subject to "flood control"  (not that we have had to worry about that lately), so I bet that has a lot to do with it as well.

Your photos were taken in February, November, December and August in different years.

Have you got photos for example taken in the same month over a series of years?

You know, I never began this as an "over time" project.  Geyserville is a bit more than 100 miles from our home, and we go there now and again to visit longtime friends.  I noticed while I was editing my [too large] "keepers" file that I had several pics of the river and just found it interesting when I put them together.

So unfortunately, no, they were just taken as the chance arrived, totally unscientific.

RBIV's gear list:RBIV's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax KP Nikon Z5 Nikon Z fc Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow