What should be my next lens for my R

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Genobkk Regular Member • Posts: 276
What should be my next lens for my R

I have had my R several years Currently I have the RF 24-105 f4l, RF mount Samyang 85 af EF Tamron 70-200 2.8 gen 2, EF Tamron 15-30 f2.8 gen 1, Canon EF 50 1.8.
I shoot landscapes and portraits of friends but my true calling is landscapes.

i don’t use my 15-30 much because it is heavy, I considered replacing it with the newer canon RF 14-35 f4. I am not sure if it is worth it just for weight alone or not. I am happy with the IQ of the Tamron 15-30 but not the weight. Lately I just travel with the RF 24-105 f4l and the Samyang 85 but occasionally I miss the 15-30

a cheaper option is to continue using my 15-30 but just leave it home if traveling by plane and buy a better 50, or 35 mm The issue is not much choice with the 50 I like 50, it is great in smaller spaces inside. The RF 50 1.2 is a bit over kill price wise and the RF 1.8 is not worth the upgrade from the EF version. My only other option is the Sigma Art 1.4 I almost bought this lens a few times

another option is buying the RF 35 1.8 It would make a great travel low light lens I thought about doing the 35 first and just wait for canon to release a more moderately priced 1.4

The RF 14-35 f4 is cheaper then the 2.8 but it still is pricey considering I already have something close to that focal length

thanks for any ideas

Genobkk's gear list:Genobkk's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EOS R Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +3 more
Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow