Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FrankieB42
FrankieB42 Regular Member • Posts: 254
First test shots with new 7Artisan 4mm Circular Fisheye

7Artisan released new lens available for M43 - 4mm F2.8 Fisheye lens:

https://7artisans.store/products/4mm-f-2-8-aps-c-lens-for-e-eos-m-fx-m43

I got one in mail yesterday and decided to take few test shots today. Unfortunate a heavy rain confined my shots just to our office building, with only one shot on the rooftop.

Please take these shots mainly as an example of angle of view and sensor coverage. You can see if the circular image is complete or slightly cut off like on the Laowa 4mm. The illuminated edges are not completely circular, but the actual scene is complete. So I think it will work fine with little bit of cropping.

First Impressions:

- Nice metal build, up to standards of latest 7Artisan lenses, but no gunmetal grey on barrel.

- Bit heavy and dense feeling due to short length.

- Extreme angle of view makes it problematic on any camera with bigger grip (EM1ii) and even wider bodies are not ideal (Pen F). I found GF9 to be ideal combination for it, even if kind of front heavy.

- Hard stop of focus ring is significantly past infinity. Need to make sure focus is set at infinity mark before shooting.

- Both focus and aperture ring has decent resistance, but due to nature of this lens, i think even heavier resistance would be welcomed.

- Lens comes with pre-installed F stop tab. i don't think it's needed and luckily you can just unscrew it.

- Lens hood is metal and fits smoothly

I will shoot it more during upcoming Chinese holidays and will share more photos later.

Let me know if you would have any questions or wanted me to test something particular.

Unedited jpg from Panasonic GF9. Most of them at F2.8, only rooftop one at F5.6.

-- hide signature --
 FrankieB42's gear list:FrankieB42's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 II +7 more
Panasonic GX850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow