Is the A7 IV a good buy right now?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cmac77 Contributing Member • Posts: 552
Is the A7 IV a good buy right now?

I've been using a Sony a77ii pretty much since it came out, and the a77 before that, and a KM 5D before that. Despite this history, I have no brand loyalty.

I'm wondering if it's time to get a full frame camera that brings the benefits of all the technological advances of the past 8 years. I'm not a professional so I'd be looking at 'enthusiast' level models.

Whether or not I get a new camera, I will continue to use the a77ii because I have a decent stash of lenses (and I know I can get an adapter to use them on the A7 IV). So any new body will be a supplement rather than an outright replacement.

The A7 IV is the obvious option, but other manufacturers have produced some pretty similar competitors. Is the A7 IV considered to be the best of the crop, or at least equal to the others?

I know opinion here is likely to be biased in favour of the A7 IV, but if there are offerings from other manufacturers that make you think "oooh, that actually looks pretty good..." then that would be good to know.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow