My oddball collection of obsolete but still active digital compact cameras

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
miked58 Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
My oddball collection of obsolete but still active digital compact cameras

I like to buy  oddball cameras apparently. Some I have bought at good prices in the last three years include a Nikon 1 J5 system (new and on sale as it was discontinued), a Samsung NX500 which was discontinued in about 2015 I think and a Sigma DP2 Quatro.

They are all quite different and have uses that suit my varied styles and whims when I go out shooting.  The Sigma is amazingly sharp at 100% viewing but often isn't wide enough, the Nikon is super compact and you barely know it is dangling around my neck on its strap and the Samsung is a good all in one, fairly compact and excellent sensor.

Image quality on all three is good to exceptional depending on the iso.

What oddball cameras are you still using even though they are getting on a bit in age?

-- hide signature --

Canon 6D, 650D, 60D, Oly E-pm1, Ricoh GR, EFS 15-85mm IS, ef-s 60 f2.8, 24-105L, EFS 18-200, Tokina 50-135 f2.8, EF 40mm STM, 580EX, 430EX, Hensel and Elinchrom studio lights, Sigma DP2Q, Nikon 1 J5

miked58's gear list:miked58's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Samsung NX500 Nikon 1 J5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +10 more
Nikon 1 J5 Samsung NX500 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow