Sony A7S3 rolling shutter

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VBK7 New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A7S3 rolling shutter

I’m trying to figure out what type of rolling shutter readout the A7S3 has. Top to bottom or from the middle towards the edges? I’ve been searching all over the Internet, but can’t find a single answer. I use the Gyro data that the camera records to stabilize ProRes raw footage in Gyro flow because catalyst browse only allows you to stabilize internally recorded files and there’s way more flexibility and adjustability with Gyro flow. One benefit of stabilizing footage with gyro data is the ability to remove rolling shutter on fast whip pans. I know that the read out time is 8.7ms in 4K 24-60fps but I can’t figure out how the sensor actually reads those lines. There’s an option to choose top to bottom readout or middle towards edges readout in Gyro Flow and I can’t figure out which one to use for the best results as I haven’t gone out and done tests. Does anybody know the answer to this? Thx.

Sony a7 Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow