Replace FZ1000?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photography 50 New Member • Posts: 7
Replace FZ1000?

Hi All,

I'm reviewing my gear. Have a Panasonic FZ330 & more recently the FZ1000. I'm happy with the images from the FZ1000, but slightly concerned by its lack of weather sealing. More concerned re dust than rain from the environments I sometimes photograph in. Taken the 330 into dusty environments (sensibly) with no problems, but it would help to have a bit more flexibility in low light. Panasonic menus and layout are sensible and straightforward as far as I'm concerned.

Most of my photography is urban / industrial plus railways, ships.

Three questions:

• anyone used the fz1000 in dusty environments, however cautiously? (Incidentally, I looked at the fz2000 and there are contradictions as to whether it is weather sealed.)

• perhaps try the em5iii c/w 12 - 200 lens (inspite of horrible menus) because both are weather sealed?

• or maybe just stick with what I've got and enjoy it? (And save money at the same time!)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Nigel

Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow