Anyone else sometimes amazed by the put down of small sensor cameras

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bob A L Veteran Member • Posts: 6,248
Anyone else sometimes amazed by the put down of small sensor cameras

In viewing photos posted here and even some of my own that I get lucky with, it really amazes me why there are so many hobbyist's that insist that small sensor cameras are useless for any form of photography. There seem to be many that will just flatly deny that there is any use for this type of camera.

But to me, based on typical uses of our photos which are viewing on monitors, tablets, phones, web based forums and galleries, social media, and prints seldom over 8x10, most good small sensor cameras are perfectly adequate and produce results that at the resolutions typically utilized are indistinguishable to the typical viewer from the highest dollar FF equipment for practical purposes. And daily see proof of this in really fantastic photos posted here and in other compact camera forums.

I don't think have ever seen a screen of any size that will display over 6-8 mp images, and more typically viewed images are 2-6 mp's.

I have larger sensor cameras, but find times that my small sensor cameras actually provide more satisfactory images of some situations. But I freely use and enjoy images from any size sensor or mp range camera. But at times have a bit of frustration when some of the FF, high mp only camp completely put down small sensor equipment.

Rant over, just wondered if anyone else has a bit of amazement when they read these type of comments that sometimes seem to be a bit of a put down to small sensor cameras. And as a footnote, don't mean to say it bothers me big time, as I'm too old to let things like this bother me, just at times makes me want to not put much stock in other things these same folks profess.

Keep posting great images from your so called point and shoots - maybe some of these folks will notice at some point in time how good they can be (but I seriously doubt that)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow