Tourist Walk

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1971_M5
1971_M5 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,026
Tourist Walk

My wife had an event downtown and I offered to drop her off... and then pick her up later. Ha! This gave me about 3 hours to walk around with the camera... by myself (rare). It was fun to get out and roam around. Nothing too creative. Just trying to make sure things are in focus and get a good exposure. Pretty-much everything is in the f/8 to f/11 neighborhood (which is my tendency) using short focal lengths with the 20mm or the 24-120. Kind of a "travelogue" set... but figured folks might be interested... and also encourage them to "play tourist" in their own local areas (like I did). I tried to whittle things down, but still, quite a few images (~20). I took a break at 7:30 PM (grabbed a grocery store sandwich) before driving down to the port for the last 3 shots -- then made a mad dash back downtown to pick up my wife around 10:30 PM. Fun.

Pavilion (looking southwest)

Pavilion (looking southeast)

Pavilion (building)

After the market closed... vendors have picked-up and cleaned-up

After the market closed...

Beecher's cheese

Market has closed... crowds are gone

Pike Place Fish Market (where they throw the fish)

Things are quiet...

Ready for tomorrow...

View from 1st & Union

Squeezed.  Western Avenue,

Between Pier 56 and Pier 57 on Alaskan Way.

Pier 56.  Elliott's.  EXCELLENT oyster bar!

Alaskan Way

Pier 62

Pier 62

East Waterway at Spokane Street

Terminal 5

Harbor Island

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow