OVF framelines almost invisible with adapted lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
juntoalmar Forum Member • Posts: 63
OVF framelines almost invisible with adapted lenses

Hi,

I bought a second hand Fuji Xpro1 with the intention of adapting some manual M & F mount lenses, which I tried succesfully at home.

My surprise came when I went on the street to take some shots, as I noticed that the framelines in the OVF are almost invisible, because of lack of opacity/brightness (the lines are there, but they can be barely seen). When changing to a native X-mount lens, the framelines are bright and clearly visible again.

I read a few threads about this camera with adapted lenses before I bought it, but I'd never came to one commenting this. I wonder if there's a settings option that changes the OVF framelines brightess and it's set correctly with the Fuji lens, and at the lowest value with the adapted lenses.

Any idea on how to fix it? Can I set manually the OVF framelines brightness? If I cover the OVF with my hand, the framelines are there, so I thought of putting some kind of "sunglass tape" to the window to make it darker so the framelines would be visible, with the con of reducing the OVF visibility overall. For reference, when indoors I could see the framelines fine, but it's on the street when they become almost invisible. And I'm talking about a cloudy Swedish day, so not particularly strong sunlight.

Thanks a lot in advance. I'll post it in the adapted lenses forum as well, although I think it belongs here, as it's a question about the camera body.

juntoalmar's gear list:juntoalmar's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon Z6 +2 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow