UPD: found! was: cie/it8 file for DataColor SpyderCHECKR 24 - where to get?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
FujiShooterCY Regular Member • Posts: 445
UPD: found! was: cie/it8 file for DataColor SpyderCHECKR 24 - where to get?

It happened to be obvious. The two files needed, both are supplied with the Argyll 2.3.1 distribution.

SpyderChecker24.cht and SpyderChecker24.cie both are in the Argyll directory, under the ./ref subdirectory.

Let's see will these work with darktable-chart or not.

Dear collegues,

where can I get the reference data for DataColor SpyderCHECKR 24 target?

Couldn't find it anywhere at DataColor website, googling gave a few PDF references for SpyderCHECKR 48 all from misc. sources and none is "official" so can I trust these? Also, is the right "saturated" part of their "48" target identical to the "24" target patch by patch?

The goal: I want to use this target to generate a few style files for darktable 4.0.1 using it's companion utility - darktable-chart. The manual informs that, quote:

The second element is a chart file that contains a formal description of the underlying color reference card’s layout (extension .cht). Chart files are usually shipped with your color reference card or can be downloaded from the internet.

The .cht file describes the target layout and reference colors, and should be supplied as an input along with the (pre-cooked) picture of the target, taken by the camera.

When I purchased DataColor SpyderCHECKR 24, I didn't receive any layout data with it, user guide does not contain any, am I missing something?

Also I am missing the reference data in the “cie/it8 file” format, too.

I think I'll be able to cook both .cht and the cie/it8 files myself, given I've got the data - but if someone may share these as ready to use files, I'd be grateful!

Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I am aware that for solid professional results I should use a professional reflective camera target on non-glossy paper with IT 8.7 layout ("CF" item). It is on the list of my postponed purchases for November. Right now I want to learn the technology of cooking dtstyles with my own hands.

-- hide signature --

All I post is my own, humble, personal, subjective and highly biased opinion. It may change in time upon new facts and convincing arguments arrival.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow