Tamron 18-300 X-Mount - Focus Issues

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D_Evans New Member • Posts: 2
Tamron 18-300 X-Mount - Focus Issues

Hi, hoping to pick the brains of some knowledgeable folk here before considering sending this lens back:

I just bought the Tamron 18-300 X-Mount for my Fuji XT-100.

Unfortunately it has a couple of issues when focussing.

The most frustrating one is that when putting the lens into manual focus, turning the focus ring to 'infinity' goes a fair bit beyond infinity. This problem is exacerbated by it being a non-manual ring with no stops or marks.

The lens will focus correctly on distant subjects by using auto-focus. But this again is problematic as it can't always find its subject and often very slowly drifts through the whole focal range never locking on. It is much better when it comes to near objects in the 10-20m range, but has still clean missed some very easy targets - like a large fungus on a tree 5m from the lens, just drifting slowly right past it.

I don't have extensive experience with other Fuji cameras, so don't know if the lower end body is adding to the problems with this lens, but the manual focussing past infinity feels like a real problem with the lens itself.

Grateful for any guidance/tips!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow