First attempt to shoot milkyway: critique and post-processing advice

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP Suman Vajjala Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: First attempt to shoot milkyway: critique and post-processing advice

Laurent Vil wrote:

Good first attempt, even if the milky way is faint!

Thank you. It was my first time shooting the MW.

Don't know if the Canon RP is Apsc sensor or Full Frame, but if it's full frame then you can shoot a little bit longer than 10 seconds.

RP is a full frame camera. I was exploring different shutter speeds/ISO combinations. I also had a slow lens and I was shooting at F4. A faster lens might have helped.

The foreground is very under ambiant light of the city or anything close to your shooting area, that's not helping you to get a more presente milky way.

I was in a rural area. But the place I shot had a couple of streetlights and that was ruining my shots. I will try shooting from a darker area next time.

If you use Sequator you can stack more images, then you'll get more signal of your milky way you'll be able to stretch more the faint signal and then get a more colorfull and lighted milky way.

I agree and thank you for the tips. I'll plan my shoot properly next time. I didn't have a prior experience but now that I've done it I know what's it like and I will refine my attempts.

Regards

Suman

Suman Vajjala's gear list:Suman Vajjala's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow