upgrade advice? trading in a Canon T3i and FZ70

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bridge77 Contributing Member • Posts: 785
upgrade advice? trading in a Canon T3i and FZ70

lately i have been considering an upgrade to a few cameras, to something a little better. my Canon T3i will be traded in for a Canon SL1 and the 18-55mm kit lens traded in for Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.

without spending a lot on this upgrade, this seems like a good trade this season. i like the size of the SL1, Digic 5 processor, and 12800 ISO.

the other camera is my Lumix FZ70, a good little bridge camera, but of course there are better ones. a small upgrade would be to the Lumix FZ200. i like the F2.8 constant aperture and the IQ produced in general from this device.

all of this will be traded in for used, with a 30 day return guarantee. since this is just a hobby, these are just happy trades, really nothing critical.

the new mirrorless cameras are amazing in my opinion but out of my present need in various ways. eventually they will hit the used market when something bigger comes along but i am happy with the DSLR and bridge camera crowd.

so i will leave this here, perhaps someone has a comment on this? maybe you have been there and you see the value of small incremental upgrades......or maybe not.

thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow