Why did my back button focus stop working?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brussell13 New Member • Posts: 1
Why did my back button focus stop working?

I have a gear question.

So I was shooting at a styled shoot last week and everything was going well and then all of a sudden while I was shooting my back button focus stopped working. My camera body is Nikon d750 and lens is 50mm 1.4.
I went to my auto focus settings and the camera said “this option is not available with current camera settings or in cameras current state.” It wasn’t even trying to find focus. 
So it happened mid shooting so I hadn’t changed the autofocus on the lens or camera body. It was extremely bright I don’t know if that changes anything?
I switched it to manual focus which also did not work initially and then turned the camera off and back on and then manual focus did work and I did not argue with it and just shot like that.

This has happened to me one other time and I thought I fixed it by remounting the lens and changing my focus point but apparently not?

Any advice would help. There is a camera repair store in town so im planning to see if they can help but wanted to see if anyone on here has ever experienced this…

Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow