PURE WHITE Background for ECCOMERCE - FULL BODY

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
photolando Veteran Member • Posts: 3,403
Re: PURE WHITE Background for ECCOMERCE - FULL BODY

A lot of good info here.  But I'll just say;  Wide seamless since you need to get head to toe.  Meaning as you back up to get the height, you'll need some width as well.

One umbrella on each side to light the background.  Then place large 4x8 foam core boards just outside the camera view of the model to black out stray light.

Your background only needs to be a tad brighter than the exposure of your model. This is where a light meter really helps but you can get there with out one.  Determine what f/stop you're going to use one the model.  Let's say f.5.6.  Shot the background.  Is it pure white? 255, 255, 255?  If you already see blinkies your too hot.  Cut your flash power.  Adjust until you just start to see overexposure blinkies at least as wide as the model.  You don't want to over light the background too much or you will get what we call blow-by and you will lose contrast on your subject.  Use Just enough to make the background go pure white.

Remember too, you are going to have to do some post.  That's just goes hand in hand with e-commerce products/fashion.  Don't worry if the entire background is not white.  You only need the area right outside the model to be pure white.  In post you can simply paint in white with the Paintbrush.  255. 255, 255 is 255, 255, 255.  No matter how you get it.

If the outer edges of the background are not pure white, don't sweat it.  Fix that in post.  I'd rather have good color and contrast on my subject than worry about getting the whole background even.

-- hide signature --

Mike

photolando's gear list:photolando's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow