From Canon EF 24-70 2.8 L to RF 24-70 2.8 with R5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ladd3r New Member • Posts: 8
From Canon EF 24-70 2.8 L to RF 24-70 2.8 with R5

Hi,

I bought a few months ago the R5, of which I'm delighted, and was thinking of doing the jump to RF 24-70 2.8 from my EF 24-70 2.8 L first edition.

I was wondering if many of you made the same upgrade, if you are happy of the switch and, especially, if you considered it worth the investment.

I am not a professional, only amateur, so it would be for general purpose: landscape, street, portraits here and there, closeups, etc.

My kit include:

Canon EF 16-35mm F4

Sigma Art 35mm 1.4

RF Samyang 85mm 1.4

Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L IS

I'm aware that it could also be an option the RF 24-105 F4, but I'm not sure if I would lose some quality compared to my old EF 24-70 2.8 and especially how much confronting it to the RF 24-70 2.8.

I found an offer, so the difference between the two lenses would be 700 Euro. If the RF 24-70 2.8 would always deliver better, it would also be for many, many years and for the peace of mind of a restless soul.

Thank you in advance to everyone who wants to bring his experience.
Luca

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow