Anyone successfully changed internal battery of a GM5

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
prairiedog
prairiedog Regular Member • Posts: 405
Anyone successfully changed internal battery of a GM5

I recently got a 2nd hand GM5 (not G5 - that always confuses discussions) in mint condition with very low shutter count. It was fine for a couple of months but now I have to reset the clock every time the battery is removed. I suspect it was stored for a long time unused with no battery which has finished off the internal battery.

I have located the GM5 manual, which shows the internal lithium button battery is located on the main PCB - this is vertical in the body.  I can buy the Panasonic replacement easily (I guess they are common across their cameras)

I'm OK at dismantling things (and usually reassembling them!) but this is a valuable little camera.

I see others have replaced the GM1 battery which is under the top panel but it is less clear if anyone has tackled the GM5 themselves.

So, has anyone has successfully replaced the GM5 battery and if so, how difficult was it and are there any hints or tip? It requires some soldering - I am not an expert but get by.

PD

prairiedog's gear list:prairiedog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow