Power draw for CP-W126

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP beneix Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: Power draw for CP-W126

Morris0 wrote:

beneix wrote:

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone measured how much power the X-T30 (or other X-series cameras) draws when connected to the CP-W126 dummy battery? I am particularly interested in the situation where you are doing time lapse photography, with the camera on "idle" and taking regular exposures.

The info for this compatible unit may help:

https://www.amazon.com/CP-W126-Coupler-Replacement-compatible-Fujifilm/dp/B07JK6VZBY

• USB Power Input: 5V, 2A-4A (at Least 2A Current,Up to 4A if needed),Output: DC 7.2V-8.4V, Connect Directly to Power Bank and You don't Need a Wall Plug Any More
  • Dual USB Input Design: Our Unique Design Adapter is Really Handy and Practical for Doing a Long Time Recording When Travelling or Outdoors. You Can Even Make an all-day Recording Without Turnning Off Your Device by Switching Your Power Bank
  • IMPORTANT TIP: Make Sure the OUTPUT of your Power Bank is 2A or More, NOT the capacity, the camera will not work properly even though the capacity of your power bank is 10000 mAh but the output is less than 2A. Besides,the working time of the camera based on the capicity of your power bank(eg. 5000Mah or 20000mah),the more capacity the longer working time of the camera.

Thanks...but I somehow doubt that the X-T30 draws a constant 2A (let alone 4A!). If it did, a standard NP-W126s with 1100 mAh would last only 30 minutes or so if you kept the camera powered on. I rather suspect that the camera may draw as much as 3A at peak, dropping back to perhaps 300mA at idle and perhaps 1+A while actually taking a picture. Those sorts of measurements would be more useful to figure out how long a particular external battery might last during a session of e.g. time lapse photography.

beneix's gear list:beneix's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow