Third Party Grips for E-M5 III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SailinSteve Forum Member • Posts: 74
Third Party Grips for E-M5 III

Having purchased the Olympus 100-400mm zoom I'm looking to improve my E-M5 III's handling with an accessory grip. There appear to be 3 options:

1) the Olympus ECG-5, currently $132.50 from Amazon which has the downside that you cannot swap batteries without removing the grip. ECG-5

2) the Haoge HG-EM5III Quick Release Grip, currently $132.50 from Amazon which allows access to the battery compartment but is not as comfortable due to the hard edges on the grip. Haoge grip

A nice comparative review of the ECG-5 and Haoge grips: Haoge/ECG-5 comparison

3) a no-name "For Olympus OMD EM5 III Camera/Arca Swiss/RRS L Bracket Vertical QR Plate Base" Chinese import through E-Bay for $36.99 which I haven't seen reviews on, but which also allows access to the battery and appears more comfortably shaped than the Haoge. E-bay grip

If the ECG-5 provided quick access to the battery compartment I'd look no further, but this failure will be annoying in the field.

Does anyone have experience with the no-name grip from E-bay they can share? Or other grip options?

SailinSteve's gear list:SailinSteve's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro Olympus 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS +7 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow