Weekend photos with R7 and Mostly the RF100-400

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phazelag
phazelag Veteran Member • Posts: 3,341
Weekend photos with R7 and Mostly the RF100-400

I spent two more days taking quite a few photos with the R7. I am gaining new respect for Bird Photographers! Birds are not very cooperative and rarely choose to fly into the sun or good light! The 100-400 is awesome, but I got too greedy with the 2x teleconverter. I made a lot of rookie mistakes and ended up with higher ISO photos than I needed. I need a different strategy for overcast early mornings! I do like FV mode now. Also had the camera lock up with the RF100-400 mounted about 10 times over the weekend. 8 Times I could turn the camera off and on but twice I had to remove the battery. Same cards I used indoors with an adapted Sigma 50-100 last weekend and had zero lock ups last weekend. Weather was cool and I never took more than two or three bursts or even came close to hitting the buffer. That was annoying but I still enjoyed the weekend.

These are good light photos mostly all processed in DXO5 from cRaw.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Canon G9 X II Sony RX100 VII Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R7 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +8 more
Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow