Would you consider a Lumix G95 in 2022?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MMBrombe New Member • Posts: 9
Would you consider a Lumix G95 in 2022?

I am an amateur photographer currently shooting with Fuji (X-T30). I've recently joined a photography club in SW Florida and many of the outings consist of nature, landscape and some wildlife photography. For long hikes the weight of my Fuji gear is starting to bug me (Fuji 16-80mm f4, Fuji 70-300mm, Samyang 12mm f2, plus some other primes depending on the occasion). I can also see the need for longer zooms in the near future...

I shot with a Lumix G5 years ago, and have gone through a few iterations with other APS and full frame cameras. The simplicity, build quality and easy controls of my G5 still resonate and more recently I have been thinking of returning to m4/3.

I know the G9 is "superior" to the G95 but its size and weight turn me off, so I am considering the G95. I also like Panasonic's smaller lenses and dual synch option compared to Olympus.

I am wondering if the G95 at 3-years old is still a good option for what I intend to shoot - stills only (no video at all), so I'm guessing DfD wouldn't be an issue. Would appreciate any feedback from G95 users regarding its potential in 2022.

Thanks!

Mark B

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow