Panasonic G9 + Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AshleyMC Senior Member • Posts: 1,795
Panasonic G9 + Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro

I purchased a G9, mainly to pair with a Panasonic Leica 100-400mm for distant subjects. A friend of mine, drifting away from photography, gifted me her Olympus 60mm macro lens. Yesterday, I took the G9 + 60mm combo out for the first trial.

I used AF-C mode with AF-On button, captured 15 exposures, and selected 6 keepers, all SOOC JPEG. The below is one of the six.

Observation: I occasionally encountered “mis-focusing” that could only be rectified by switching the camera off and on – stopping and re-starting AF-On did not help. I brought the camera close to the flower, moved the AF point to a spot on the flower, pressed and held the AF-On button to acquire focus, only to have a certain part of the background (a few feet away) in focus, with the focus-confirmation beep. So… AF consistently reliable with this lens? Not yet, more practice needed. Focus precise when AF working? Yes. (I do not encounter this issue with my other MFT lenses by Panasonic and Sigma.)

SOOC JPEG, downsampled for online sharing

The flower was about as small as the tip of one’s thumb.

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow