peaking question

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gabruzzi Forum Member • Posts: 70
peaking question

I have an A7ii that I use exclusively with adapted manual focus lenses from my film cameras. Generally I have it setup in a way that works well. The rear AF/MF button is assigned to magnify, the C3 button is set to change the focal length for IBIS, the C1 button allows me to change the ISO (though I wish I could assign this directly to one of dials.), and the C2 takes me into the peaking settings.

Overall this works reletively well, but as you may know--some scenes get overwhelmed by the peaking that you can barely see what the image is going look like, but I deal with it ok.

I recently bought a Olympus E-M1 (first generation) and noticed that it has a really nice feature where the peaking disappears when the shutter is half pressed. So with my finger off the shutter I have peaking and magnify so I can set the focus, then with a half-press I can frame the image without peaking, then full press to take the picture. Its actually very useful for how I shoot.

I'm not going to replace the Sony with the Olympus because the smaller sensor makes all my adapted lenses long lenses, but I'm wondering if newer Sony cameras have done anything like this to make peaking easy to turn on or off (or for that matter is there a setting on my A7ii that I overlooked that could improve implementation)?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow